AutoInsult Change History
- Full release, incorporating all Beta functionality (see below)
- Extended the Dictionary Lookup URL chooser to be a combo box pre-populated with several online dictionaries.
- Changed the About Box to show more useful information.
v3.6.3 Beta (24-Jul-12)
- Removed dependency on external files like mfc100.dll
v3.6.2 Beta (22-Jul-12)
- Fixed issues that prevented AutoInsult from working properly with Windows 7.
- Removed the offensiveness level. Quite frankly it was a bit useless and buggy, and I didn't see the point of it.
- Changed the layout of the main dialog to allow for extra wordsets in the future.
- Added the ability to select the language file in the Options menu, and also added code to take a 'best guess' at which one to use if not specified.
- Added the ability to change the URL of the Dictionary Lookup feature.
- Added some more words.
- Fixed minor bugs discovered during beta testing.
- Corrected errors in the documentation, especially out-of-date screenshots.
- Updated documentation to mention the support fora.
v3.5 Beta 1 (23-May-05)
- Added an 'Advanced' view that sees a welcome return of the Combo Boxes last seen in v2.01
- Added a right-click menu to the insults display that lets you do a dictionary lookup on any displayed word or phrase.
- Added some more words.
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Made it FREEWARE!
- Fixed several bugs
- Improved installer - better, smaller
- Modified documentation and corrected broken links
- Added lots more words!
- Added SmartInsult indexing to the insult generation engine in order to significantly reduce repeated words or phrases.
- Raised the number of times you can press "Again Please!" from 30 times per session to 100 times per session when in unregistered / demo mode.
- Ordering info has changed following the move from PSL to DigiBuy & RegNow. It is now extended to give a wider range of ways to pay, including a check / cheque in your local currency.
- Made ordering more intuitive by adding a "Purchase" button to the reminder screen and by moving the register and order menu options from the Help menu to the Options menu.
- Fixed a minor bug in the pop-up insults.
- Fixed bug that caused pop-up insults set for hours to be incorrect by a factor of 10 (ie. 60 mins became 6 mins)
- Changed dreary grey background on text boxes to white (or whatever colour you have your windows background set to)
- Raised pop-up evaluation period from 6 mins to 30 mins and changed expiration message to something less misleading (some users thought that just because the pop-up evaluation period for the session had expired it meant that AutoInsult would never work again until they registered).
- Raised the number of times you can press "Again Please!" from 15 times per session to 30 times per session.
- AutoInsult is now shipped as a self-extracting archive and provides a proper install and uninstall service, thanks to CreateInstall.
- More words have been added to the dictionaries.
- Pop-up insults added.
- Due to a change of direction over registered / unregistered modes, the full dictionaries are now available even in unregistered mode. This represents a massive increase in the number of combinations available over the unregistered mode of v3.2.
- Now uses the registry rather than an ini file to store its settings.
- The rounded buttons have been dropped as they didn't work on all display configurations.
- The registration code format has been changed (registered users of previous versions can apply for a new code free of change - please mail us to request one).
- Now remembers the size of the dialog between sessions. (You can turn this off if you wish.)
- Added the Mediterranean style.
- Added a resizing dialog (at last!).
- Added AutoCopy (the same as pressing "Copy To Clipboard" after pressing "Again Please!")
- Changed all buttons to cool rounded buttons.
- Added a cool new About box.
- AutoInsult is now shareware (sorry, it had to be done).
- Added an install / uninstall script.
- Now searches for .dat files in both the current folder and the folder autoinsult.exe resides in.
- Now ships with both an English and an American English word file.
v3.1 Beta (13-Jul-98)
- Now searches for all files with a .dat extension in the folder autoinsult.exe resides in. Eliminates errors due to insultdata.dat being renamed and paves the way for multiple data files.
- Frequently Asked Questions moved to the on-line AutoInsult FAQ
- Added more words.
- Modern insults tab is no longer hidden when the offensiveness level is too low. It is present and a message informs you that it is disabled until you enable it. This should prevent users thinking it is not included in the version they have.
- "More" button re-labelled as "Options"
- Added extra reporting for errors
- Extended the documentation, including mentioning a bug that some people were reporting (see the FAQ)
- Added a few more words.
- Fixed bug where modern style couldn't be set as default
- Added a proper picture to the Arabian style.
- Added "back" and "forward" keys so that if you hit "Again Please!" accidentally, you won't lose a good insult.
- Added 2 orders of magnitude more words (now 328 billion combinations compared to 2.8 billion). A big "thank you" to Paul Levin for sharing the data from his Arabian Insult page at http://www.cris.com/~pelevin/insults.shtml
- Added tool-tips
v3.0 Beta (29-May-98)
- Added Arabian-style insults
- All data is now stored in an external file
- Added options to modify how the insults are generated.
- Added persistence between sessions.
- Fixed bug whereby v2.0 reported its version number to be v1.0
- Added more words to Modern style
- Expanded the documentation
- Added Modern-style insults
- Improved user interface
- Added standard "About box" and proper documentation
- First release. Only did Shakespearean insults